I broke my index finger nail earlier after church and really really really didn't want to cut it. For whatever reason, I just couldn't get down with the having a nubby nail... I mean, all the others are at this really ideal length. So if you find yourself in this sad boat, try this fix.
- 'Glue' the break with clear nail strengthener (super glue will work too, I just didn't have any *shrug*). When it's dry, paint the whole nail bed with 2 coats of strengthener, but don't wait for the first coat to dry. (It should be kinda thick and tacky).
- Take the cotton ball and tap it over the break. The fibers will get stuck in the polish. I did this a few times and patted it down with my finger.
- Let it dry and then trim the overhanging fibers.
- (Optional) To make it extra strong, I took a toothpick and put a thin layer of gorilla glue over the break area, waited a little bit, and then painted over the whole shebang again with the strengthener.
- After it all dried, the extra layers of glue/polish smoothed out the cotton fibers, so you couldn't see or feel them.
- Repaint your patched nail! Huzzah!!
|Ta-Da!! Good as new ^.^|
|Yay! Happy nails!|