Yesterday, Lamar and I reached our 18 month wedding milestone. Hurray! I bought him a cinnabun and put 1.5 candles on it... cuz I'm cute like that ^.^
I also thought it would be cute and fitting to do an 18 things list. So without further ado, here are 18 things I love about my husband!
1. His dedication: Lamar has been leading the young adult choir at church for the last few years and even though the turnout is always way less than it should be, he has never quit on it. (Despite my thoughts that he should, lol)
2. His musical talent: I love that he sings and plays the piano. I think it's really cool how he can pick up songs and separate out the voice parts and teach the choir.
3. The way he supports me: He is always there to listen to whatever idea I've come up with and always has faith in me completing those goals.
4. His ideas: Every so often we'll be riding in the car and he comes up with a whole play or book idea, and they're really good. Now he just needs to sit down and make it happen!
5. His desire to learn: He loves learning new things and that's awesome in itself.
6. His sweet-tooth: Because it gives me an excuse to donuts and ice cream ^.^
7. The way he mixes desserts: When we first started dated, he use to make this "malted milk, ice cream, chocolate drizzled, floating island of happiness" dessert. I can't even remember what all was in it, but it was ridiculously good!
8. How cute he is with kids: I love seeing him interact with little kids. It's adorable.
9. His way of being motivational: He wants everyone to succeed at whatever they are doing, whether they are his students, friends, or family. He always has uplifting words to give the kick in the pants needed.
10. His imagination: This goes along with the ideas, plays, and books he makes up. I love that his imagination is still active and he hasn't grown out of it.
11. His even keel attitude: This is something I'm still trying to learn from him. He has the ability to stay calm in so many situations while I'm freaking out about something that hasn't even happened yet.
12. How he goes along with my photo ideas: Last year he wore a crochet elf hat in our Christmas pictures... this year he work reindeer antlers... all without complaint. Well he did wear a shirt that said "please don't make me do stuff" under his sweater... lol
13. He's so encouraging: I love when he tells me how he interacts with students. He has a way of encouraging them when they're doing poorly and it endears him to them and they try harder because they know he honestly cares.
14. He's optimistic: This goes along with the even keel attitude. He has a way of looking at the bright side almost all the time and you can't help but smile about it.
15. He's forgiving: This needs no explanation.
16. He's committed: He says once he says he's going to do something that's it. Whether it's our relationship, his work at school, or his work at church. That is a very admirable trait.
17. He never gets mad at me for having a down swing: He tries to lift me out of them or get me to see what's actually wrong. If there's nothing he can do, he just stays nearby. He never makes me feel bad about it. And I appreciate that more than words can say.
18. He's so loving: What else can I say? This man is such a blessing!
A bit ago, I was going through some old blog posts from my xanga.com days and I found a list of traits I wanted my husband to have. It was amazing to see that Lamar possessed nearly all of them. It just made me even more grateful to God for moving us in such a way to meet.
Happy 18 Month-TA-versary Love!!!