Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pimp Slapped: A How I'm Feeling Post

So this morning I woke up feeling rather down.  Like little miss Melancholy came and smacked moody all over my face.  I haven't been able to shake it much.  I'm almost resigned to just let it ride today and hope for a better tomorrow. *sigh* 

I will not go back to bed.

I will keep moving at least.

I will wash the dishes & finish the laundry.

I will crochet on my dad's blanket.

I will sweep the house.

I will allow the 'blues' to exist and run its course without taking over the day.

I will acknowledge any negative thoughts, explain to myself why they are not true, and not dwell on them.

I will get dressed in bright colors.

I will stay engaged in this day despite the very strong desire to check out of it.

I'm going to take a shower now and put on some music.  I guess Mel will be riding around with me today, and that's alright.  She just doesn't get to call any of the shots.  Please send up a little prayer of encouragement for me today if you have a second.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!