Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bad Blogger... New Knitter

Ok guys... I am so ashamed of my non-blog-writing and whatnot. Over the last few weeks I kept thinking, "hmmm... I should blog about this..." but then I don't.  Does that ever happen to you?

Anyway, I figure I should give you a bit of an update.  Umm... On the crafting front, I recently learned how to knit continental style. Which makes knitting SO MUCH EASIER! Oh.My.Gosh! I can knit!!!!  [insert celebratory dancing]

Toot has developed a habit of digging the squeakers out of her toys and playing with them. And since I'm always scared that she's gonna choke on them, I decided to practice my new-found knitting SKILLZ and make a thing for the squeaker to go in. Luckily she approves of my workmanship. 



After doing the dog toy in garter stitch, I decided to try my hand at stockinette.  Purling continental style is kinda hard, but manageable.  Oh! Also, one of the biggest things I've noticed is that my tension is a lot more consistent now.  When I was trying to knit the standard way, my knit stitches were considerably tighter than my purl stitches making the whole activity difficult.  Now the tension is even because I'm use to managing the yarn with my left hand.

Any crocheters out there who want to learn to knit should def try continental.  I thumbs up this method!

I made a little bow out of the stockinette swatch... and then got a little obsessed with bows.




After knitting the one bow, I decided to crochet the rest.  I now have the 3 pictured above (which I'll be adding hairpins to the backs) and a black one attached to a hair tie for work.  I think I have rediscovered my love for little yarn accessories ^.^ 

That's it y'all! Some of my bits that have been on my hooks and needles.  I have a new finished piece to share really soon & I'm excited about it.  I promise to have that up this week!  Goodnight :)

5 comments:

  1. I love those little bows! Omg. I wish I wasn't so inept at making things by hand. There are so many things I would to make and wear. :P <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew about continental style knitting. I'll have to look that up. I never had much luck learning to knit in the past, maybe this style will help me out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Erica! Def Youtube the style... Come to think of it, you should wait a while as it seems that sewing is your new love ^.^

      Delete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!