Friday, May 15, 2015

It is Good

"God saw all that He had made, and it was very good."
Genesis 1:31 NIV
Some nights I get caught up in one creative endeavor or another, and end up not going to bed until after 3 am...  I find my mind gets full of ideas and I just have to get them out.

The most recent "midnight crafting" session started with me working on the daily Listers Gotta List prompt.  When I finished all the decorating and whatnot, I sat looking at the notebook I was using.  I thought "I can totally make this..."  So I set out to make a pocket size saddle stitched notebook and spent the next hour or so planning and executing a design. 

Sometimes I'm amazed by the ideas I'll get and the things I've created.  I honestly believe that creativity is a gift from God because it is truly awesome.  And not awesome like totally cool but awesome like full of awe.

I think that the feeling I get when I see the finished project is some small form of what God felt when He looked at the world and said "it is good." I'm so grateful to God for giving me this gift of creativity.  I love losing myself in the act of making and letting my ideas and hands flow together.  There are very few things that I do these days that allow me to reach that 'everything falls away' level of flow.  So discovering that midnight crafting is the doorway is a welcomed experience.

I love that when I'm submerged in making, I regularly drift into thoughts of how great God is... Has creating become a quiet act of worship?  I think it's on its way there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!