Monday, August 10, 2015

Garden Update: Tomato Time!

Holy Canoli! We have TOMATOES!!!

Yes! My tomato plant has birthed a whole bunch of little tomato babies ^.^ One morning while watering and inspecting the plants for bugs last week, I discovered 3 tiny green tomatoes.  I was probably WAY to excited to see them especially since I don't like eating cherry/grape tomatoes (I can't help imagining that they're eyeballs... good luck getting rid of that mental image, lol!).

Anywho, they were about the size of my pinky nail and still had the blossoms at the top of them.  It was so cool to see them actually growing from the flowers.  These photos are of a few of the tomatoes over the span of the past week.  It's nice to know that once the veggies happen they grow pretty fast.  This gives me hope for the cucumbers ^.^


So yeah, I can't wait for them to turn red and I hope the squirrels don't eat them.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of gardening (keyword: idea). They're like little babies on a mission but they need your support and protection to survive in this craaaazy world. Here's to a (maybe not quite bountiful) harvest! & keep chucking those snails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss this gardening world is craaaaazy!!! Im holding out hope that my plants will survive. And those pesky snails are being chucked far far away...i kinda feel a little sorry for them. Kinda.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!