4/1: I got my replacement phone! My Galaxy S5 was stolen at the end of March, but through some research and blessing I was able to replace it with an S6 through upgrade without having a monthly phone payment! Huzzah! Praise God!
4/3: Lamar's cousin Roger got married! I got to be in my first big Ryan family photo and I'm no longer the newest Mrs. Ryan ^.^
4/9: It was education day at church and I told the children's story. It went really well. Lamar recorded it... maybe I'll post it sometime.
4/13: Finished editing and uploading the photos from a first birthday shoot ^.^
4/14: Lamar and I went to the Pentatonix concert. It was a lot of fun and the opening act, Us the Duo, was the best part if you ask me :) It's the only CD I've been playing in my car since.
4/20: Since I've been getting more into knitting, I decided to purchase my first set of fancy needles. I went to a yarn store quite close to me called Knit! and bought a set of Chiaogoo lace tips. Compared to the needles I've been using from Joann's, the Chiaogoos are soooo much better!
4/21: Lamar's school put on 'Hairspray' as their Spring Musical. It was pretty good.
4/29: Ma Sonia and Amber's birthdays!!
4/30: I wore my newest crochet shawl to church and one of the older ladies complimented me on it ^.^
Throughout the Month
- I started Bible Journaling! I've wanted to try it for a while, but I was scared to draw in the Bible... But once I got past the first entry, I was good to go! It's a really meditative practice for me.
- I've been working on the Evy Lovey and Blanket set this month. It's looking very cute!
April Goals Recap
1. Read Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert -- I started it but put it down after a couple chapters. I do want to finish it, so I'm going to give it another go in May.
2. Crochet something Hufflepuff for #23HarryPotterKAL -- nope, I just went with the Ravenclaw socks
3. Volunteer at an animal shelter -- nope, and now my car is acting really stupid so I don't know when I'll be able to do the extra driving.
4. Read Proverbs and Ecclesiastes -- I did this one! But let me tell you, Ecclesiastes was HARD to get through!! I even called my dad (who's a preacher) to confirm that I was understanding the book... It's depressing! Moral of the book: You might as well enjoy your work and life because everything is meaningless and we're all going to die anyway. Thanks Solomon...
5. Back up devices 2 - 4 times in the month -- I'm ashamed... I haven't backed up anything. I keep saying I need to back up my phone because I have SO many photos and videos from the Pentatonix concert and whatnot. The back up will happen today!
1. Finish & deliver the Evy Set
2. Knit a hat
3. Plan Sheree's Bachelorette Party
4. Read one book
5. Make grandma's retirement shutterfly book
SO yeah, I do want to focus on taking May slower. Making an effort to make more memories and not just work work work. I want to take more time for me and also do more crafting for me :) What are some of your May goals?