Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hexagon Blanket: Crafty Update

It's been a little bit since I've done any crafty blogging on here... It has been a run of moving and how I'm feeling posts. So! I'm here with an update on my latest project. ^.^

During my first week here in Florida I (in true Caleisha fashion) went to visit the local thrift stores. Unfortunately, the thrift stores in this area are nothing compared to what's available in Huntsville... le'sigh... One of the shops I went to was a St. Vincent De Paul store called Second Chance.  It's the third largest shop I've seen so far, after Goodwill and Salvation Army.  Anywho, in Second Chance, I found a basket of yarn balls (HURRAY!) I was a good girl and only got 2 for $0.50 each a blue and a green.  I decided to make a blanket. I created a granny hexagon motif and ran with the colors. It reminds me of flowers a bit.
Layout and pattern notes.
The layout I put together called for half hexagons.  Creating that pattern took me like 2 days! But I got it and whipped up the pieces I needed.
Thrifted yarn and hexes.
I've been crocheting and watching thrift haul videos on Youtube. It makes me happy to see that at least some people have awesome thrift luck.  (Gah Florida!)
Also in true Caleisha form, I buy a teensy bit of yarn and decide to make a huge project out of it... It's not like Jesus is going to miraculously multiply my yarn supply. Luckily, I had similar colors in my stash so I didn't have to buy any new yarn. Yay!
This is the progress shot, complete with Kiva in the middle :) The white bordered part is the middle so this is only half of the piece.  I'm seriously considering adding an additional line of hexes to the left and right sides to make it wider.  What do you think? 


So yep, that's what I've been up to crafty-wise. I'm going to start doing some blanket designs soon.  I've decided that that makes more sense than making hats and whatnot in Florida.  Everyone can use a blanket. ^.^

Well I'm off to wash the dishes or something. I hope you're having a great Wednesday!
~Peace

1 comment:

  1. it looks beautiful! what size do you plan to make it? is it a throw/lap blanket or for a bed? either way I love the hexagons they're awesome! I think the size looks fine but it wouldn't hurt a bit to go one more layer out.Either way it looks great...even with Kiva on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!