Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Project

Happy New Year y'all!  I hope you brought in the year with the people you love.

Recently Lamar & I read an article about quantity being a better route to better quality (article HERE) which lead us to a page about learning something or practicing something for 100 days (check it out HERE).  He suggested I write a poem a day as my 100 day challenge.  And I, being ever the lover of poetic forms, added that to the mix.  So my challenge is to write a poem, every day, for the next 100 days, in one of 14 forms on any topic.  I'm excited and nervous because I haven't written in soooo long that it's like getting back in touch with an old friend that you let things fall off with... you know??

Anywho, today Lamar chose form #7-Kyrielle and told me to write about loving a sports fan. 
Kyrielle: A French form of rhyming poetry written in quatrains (a stanza consisting of 4 lines), and each quatrain contains a repeating line or phrase as a refrain (usually appearing as the last line of each stanza). Each line within the poem consists of only eight syllables. There is no limit to the amount of stanzas a Kyrielle may have, but three is considered the accepted minimum. (from ShadowPoetry) 

So here is poem 1 of 100. 

~~~~~
-Untitled-
Basketball, football, volleyball
Sacks, passes, trying not to fall
These things are the music at hand
When you really love a sports fan

He coaches teams and watches games
And wants you to come cheer his name
You go tho may misunderstand
When you really love a sports fan

Eventually you'll learn the rules
And be crocheting at the schools
Yelling at the refs from the stands
When you really love a sports fan
~~~~~

What would you do as a 100 days 100 things project?  Also, give me a number 1-14 & a topic for a future poem. That would be cool.

2 comments:

  1. 5, crocheting of course! Beginning Feb 100 days of exercise, so out of shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5, crocheting of course! Beginning Feb 100 days of exercise, so out of shape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!