Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Gallivanting Files: Sip & Knit Yarn Shop

Before I left Huntsville, I was beginning to go to actual yarn shops for little specialty yarns and whatnot so of course I wanted to find one here in Orlando.  Anywho, the first shop I visited is called Sip & Knit and it's about 15-20 mins away.  Not too bad. 
The sheep invasion begins!
From the name, I thought there would be a cafe area or something, but alas, there was none. :-( No sipping.  And I was hungry too, they could've really gotten me on that one, haha!
Do not remove under penalty. LOL!

This statue made me laugh out loud when I got out of the car ^.^ Very welcoming! I want to yarn bomb it... Maybe that'll help me make some yarny friends... not sure. Meh.

While I was there, I decided to do a quick video walk around in the back of the shop.  The yarn was so pretty and colorful and soft! *.* I want it all. Yep. Definitely. All.

So... I didn't end that video at all, lol.  Hopefully you can hear me. I was whispering because I was the only person in the shop and it was really weird walking around filming. 

All in all, it was a nice shop. The owner was really friendly and gave me a tour of the store to make sure I understood their shelving and labeling.  There was also a shop dog! A little cairn terrier called Tucker.  He barked at me at first and then after deciding that I was ok, brought me his toy platypus.  I felt honored ^.^

I don't know how often I'll shop there, but they have knitting classes which I'm considering taking.  Maybe I'll go on one of their free knitting nights and meet some people.  I mean... that is on my list of things to do this year.

Peace ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!