This month in review post is going up so stinkin' late! I have been quite the slacker blogger and I really need to do better ::insert shame face here:: So May's been over for a week now and we are almost half way through 2016. That is so crazy to me! I always feel like time is flying by whenever I look back through the month to get ready to write these posts. Anywho, on to the highlights!
5/3: Cherie and Kwame's first wedding anniversary! It's a little mind boggling that so many of my friends are married/parents... I guess we are getting 'old' lol ^.^
5/10: I finished a lovey doll and blanket set. It was a lot of fun to challenge myself to create something I've never done before. Stay tuned because I will be sharing more photos and details later on.
5/19: Brianna and I went to Disney After Hours. We got to go on rides that normally have an hour+ wait time and meet Mickey and a handful of princesses. It was pretty cool for a Disney newb like myself.
5/26: I crochet and hand-dyed a swimsuit cover up. I started making a red heart pattern, but when it wasn't working out the way I wanted, I decided to frog it out and design my own. I think it came out pretty nicely ^.^ If I do say so myself!
5/27: Happy birthday Tiffany! She's starting her 30 by 30 list and I'm super excited about it!
5/28-29: Over memorial weekend, we celebrated my friend Sheree's bachelorette in Miami. We went out Saturday night, Sheree danced her little heart out. Then on Sunday we went on a boat tour. It was pretty cool. Snapchat was the documentation of choice and it served me well ^.^
5/30: Happy birthday Brianna! She's doing a 25 by 25 ^.^ I kinda feel like a trendsetter! lol
Throughout the Month
- I spent a lot of the month planning Sheree's Miami bachelorette party. I've discovered that I'm not keen on planning things for other people. It's very stressful for me. I must say Saturday night I almost had a panic attack while we were out... ugh
- I was a yarn crafting machine this month! I feel like I was never without a project in my bag, lol. So much so, when I finished up all my projects and had nothing on the go, it was quite weird.
May Goals Recap
1. Finish & deliver the Evy Set - Yes! I did it and little Everly loved her doll!
2. Knit a hat - Yes! I knit the Seaforth Hat. Funny story... after I finished it, I learned that I was doing all my yarn overs wrong. Looks like I need to make another one!
3. Plan Sheree's bachelorette Party - Done!
4. Read one book - Nope...
5. Make grandma's retirement shutterfly book - Nope... But I def need to get a move on this one because the free book offer I have is expiring in June.
1. Finish library photo display
2. Do 2 things for 30 in 30
3. Finish Grandma's photobook
4. Create a budget and build up savings
5. Plan get togethers for friends
And that, my friends, was my May in a nutshell. How was your month? What are some things you want to do in June?