Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Create A Set: Furniture Rehab pt. 1

One of the shows that Lamar and I like watching together is Flea Market Flip.  It's a show where two teams compete to buy/refinish/sell items from the flea market.  They are given an hour to shop and a list of 3 projects to complete.  The team that makes the most profit on their re-imagined and refinished pieces wins.  It's a fun show to watch and if you haven't seen it yet, check it out.  One of the projects is called "Create a Pair" where the teams have to find pieces that don't go together and make them into a matching set.  This was my inspiration for the following project.
upcycled furniture
Before multiple cans of spray paint.
I found the two metal folding chairs at my local thrift store for $2.99 each and since they were in good condition and a convenient size, I figured they would be great for outdoor use.  Since we currently have zilch on the outdoor furniture front, these got thumbs up all around.  The other part of my 'create a set' is a couple of ottomans I found out on the curb in the trash.  The metal bases were intact, but the cushions needed some TLC.  Side note, I'm always on the look out for cool pieces that other people are throwing away.  Most times, I find that they can be revived with some cleaning and imagination.
upcycled furniture
Babe even got in on the painting fun.  Although any drippy spots are totally his fault ^.^
upcycled furniture
Before and After of my ottoman bottoms.  I really like the cream color.  Nice and neutral.  Ready for a bright cushion!

So far I have cleaned and painted the chairs and ottomans.  It's really awesome to see how a couple coats of spray paint will change up the entire look of an item.  The next step is to get the supplies together to create the cushions.  I'm thinking a bold stripe fabric for a bit of fun... We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. A great start I bet they will turn out Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kelli! I'm really hoping they come out as awesome as they are in my head, lol!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!