Friday, March 27, 2015

Historical Longwood, Florida in Photographs

Item number 6 on my 30 Before 30 list is "Photograph 3 historical downtown areas."  The first of my excursions was into the city of Longwood.  Inititally, I discovered Longwood while looking for a place to rent things for our wedding last year.  I accidentally turned down a road to find a quaint downtown area.  I had a wonderful hour strolling the streets and looking at the different architecture.  The only mistake I made was not taking any allergy meds before all the gallivanting, lol!  This pollen filled spring air is NO joke!  Anywho, enjoy the photos!

30 before 30 list
Here we have some signage and the Longwood Clock Tower.  I found it funny that it shows 2 different times ^.^
30 before 30 List
Near the Longwood Police station is the Hero's Park.  It's dedicated to men and women of our military and services.
30 Before 30 List

I really like the thoughtful design of this memorial.  The middle piece is meant to be a shadow.  The empty space on either side represent the World Trade Centers that are no longer there and the reflecting pool is a pentagon.  The brown piece of metal on the middle column is a piece of the WTC engraved with the date. 

30 Before 30 List
The Bradlee Mcintyre House

30 Before 30 List

Such an adorable church! I feel like the inside smells like wood polish or something... does that even make sense??  I love how all the colors pop in the first photo.  The red door and brick road and then the green trees against the awesomely blue sky.  So picturesque...

I hope you liked the photos I've chosen... to be honest, I took around 100 shots and I'm super proud of myself for being able to curate the lot down to seven. I think they communicate the historic/small town vibe I was getting while visiting.  I'm considering printing some of them for my portfolio.  Anywho, have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!