Sunday, February 24, 2013

27

So... I'm 27 today.
Newly engaged.
Two weeks out from quitting my job.
Preparing to move to Florida.

Birthday Girl Pin! I'm tempted to wear this to work tomorrow.


I'm nervous.  This is the biggest thing I've done so far. I think the most nerve wracking part of it all is the current uncertainty.  I have 2 weeks to land a job.  Hopefully one that won't feel like gargling scorpions... Hopefully one I'll love and flourish in.  But yeah, 2 weeks.

I'm excited.  Long distance relationships are okay for a time, if that's the way things have to be, but there's no replacement for physical closeness.  The ability to drive to his house and belly bump him like Jack and Karen...  Yep, we do that. It"s surprisingly fun, you should try.  (If you don't know what that looks like, click HERE. I had a gif, but it got annoying.) 

-----------------------

I was under the impression that my lease wasn't up until March 31st, but no, I misread the renewal notice and it's up on March 9th.  BIG shock.  I'm glad that Lamar was here when I found out the actual end date because I went straight into freakout mode.  He pulled me back down to earth.  So yeah, I've got to pack up all my stuff... which, if you ask me, is WAY too much stuff for one lady... I started really packing last night, and I'm already to the point where I want to throw everything away. UGH! I HATE PACKING!

All the STUFF!!!!!!

I figure that I should just pull out enough clothes for a month or so, so I'll have things available to wear for these 2 weeks and for Florida.  That's a really good plan right... too bad every time I think about going into my closet and pulling clothes, I get overwhelmed.  I need help.

This will be my first major move. I don't count moving to Alabama, because I came here for school and then stayed after graduation (mostly because I was told that I wouldn't make it).  So yeah, I've been in Alabama for about 4 years post grad now and it's been alright. Pretty  much four years of trying to find the "right work" for myself. I have done so many different things in these four years.  Gotten so much experience... my scope is rather broad.  The only thing is, I haven't found the work that sits right in my spirit.  Does that exist, or do we all settle when it comes to employment.  Let me get off that soap box... Moving. The idea of moving to Florida is really awesome and scary. Orlando is so much more city than I've ever lived in. I keep thinking, "What if I can't make any friends... I'll be at home with my dogs all the time... I'll be the weird dog lady."  Yep... there's my fear. 



But on a lighter more positive note, I'm ready for the weather change. Even though I love my sweaters and leggings, I'm over the cold. I'm ready to be in the Sunshine State! Bring on the Sunshine!!! Ok..  Let me stop frittering about on the interwebs and go pull these clothes out.

Well I suppose this is my birthday post. Kinda boring, but it was a boring kinda day. We'll see how the next couple weeks go.  Wish me luck and blessings on this move.

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best luck with all of this! And Happy Late Birthday! Packing and moving are so lame...but it's so exciting that you're done dealing with long distance and will have a new place to explore. Looking forward to hearing about how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! So many big changes ahead. It can be daunting, but it will be so good in the end. Here's to the future... I can't see where this adventure will lead for you. You better get packing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I know that electric feeling (with a tinge of nausea heh) from the excitement of the unknown. :D I moved a lot for school and work; and I did the whole long distance relationship thing, too. All of that has its ups and downs, but don't forget--and this is VERY important: it's an adventure! :P I wish you the best of luck as you embark on it. <3

    Oh and happy, happy birthday! Christ, you're 27? I feel uber old now.. ;F

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, hon! Packing and moving long distance is not fun, I know from experience. But keep your eyes on the prize of a lifetime with your lovely man. And vent when you need to! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday sweet cheeks!
    Think of moving as a gift to yourself - a fresh start! And conquer it, with ample self bribery, on box at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!