Monday, July 6, 2015

Story Time! God's Protection

A couple months ago my brother-in-law and I were running an errand in my car when it began to rain.  Now my tires weren't in good condition by any stretch of the imagination and he rarely ever drives it.  So as you can guess, we hydroplaned.  Don't worry, we barely lost control at all.  Anywho, when we got to our destination, we looked at the tires to see if there was any damage.  They were nearly completely bald. 0.0  I made a mental note to get them replaced.  And we went about our business.

In the days following, I started noticing that my steering wheel was shaking quite a bit, it felt like the car was limping, and the breaks started making all manner of noise. (Sidenote: normally you know when your breaks are going because they start to whine, then squeak, then squeal, then scream... mine just jumped straight to screaming.)  I asked Lamar to take a look at it.  He took a Sunday evening to change the breaks and figured he'd ask one of his mechanic friends what the shaking could be.

When he took the driver side tire off to change the breaks, we got to see how good God is first hand.  This was the nearly totally bald tire and on the inside edge the rubber had ground down to the wires.  Those exposed wires were shredded and the tire insides were bulging out.  It was that bulge that was making the car limp/shake.

I could only praise God for keeping me as I was driving to and from work and in the rain and in traffic... because that tire looked like it was going to blowout at any moment.  Needless to say, I got a replacement tire the next day!

This whole experience reminded me of this text:

For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.  They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psalm 91:11-12
Praise be to God for His continuing protection.  This is what my parents mean when they pray for Him to keep us from dangers "seen and unseen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!