Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August 2015: Month in Review

This month was kinda up and down in the productivity department.  I definitely didn't do as well at writing consistently, but I didn't totally fail at it. So I'm counting it a win ^.^  Since I knew this post was coming up, I wrote little notes in my planner of things I wanted to remember.  So without further ado, here are some bits of August.

8/6:  I shot the cutest daddy/daughter session at the studio! The little girl was around 4 or 5 and dressed like a princess.  I loved how she looked at her dad like he was her knight in paint-spattered boots.

8/9:  I started my very first crochet cardigan!

8/10:  I buckled down and photographed ALL of the items I wanna put up for sale in my Etsy shop.  Very productive day ^.^

8/11:  Brianna and I walked & photographed Downtown Apopka for my 30 Before 30 list.

8/14:  My lovely aunt Ludie sent me this super awesome Crochet book!



8/15:  Lamar and I got to spend some time with my cousin Felicia when she was briefly in town.

8/16:  Swimming day with friends!



8/17:  Cherie and I went shopping at Community thrift for National Thrift Shop Day.  We both found some good bits.

8/20:  I made a set of DIY product labels for my crochet pieces. 

8/22:  I finished my crochet cardigan and proceeded to wear it to work every day!  I'm so proud of this cardigan!!!

8/27:  Cherie asked me to make a football newborn hat.  It came out really cute :)



8/28:  I bought my first few bath bombs from Lush! (Avobath, Ickle Baby Bot, & Butterball) They smell soooooo goooood!!! I want to buy all the tings!!!



8/31:  I finished Cherie and Kwame's wedding photobook.  I was such a procrastinator and ended up working on it nearly all day to finish it like 4 mins before my offer expired ^.^

Throughout the Month
  • The garden struggle continues... but thumbs up for ripening tomatoes!
  • I'm into 1 Kings in my Bible reading.  It makes me really happy to see that I know a bunch of the stories. (Good job Mom & Dad!)
  • Snakes and Spiders, oh my!  Snake on the window sill and ginormous spiders running on the floor. *dead*
  • I've been practicing my brush lettering with watercolor.  I'm really enjoying the learning process.
September Goals
  • Get the Etsy shop live by October 1st
  • Exercise at least twice a week (yoga, walking, zumba)
  • Crochet a top
  • Organize the Suicide Awareness Yarn Bombing
  • Create and maintain a personal budget

And there you have it!  Another month gone, but full of 'doing'.  Even though I did have a particularly rough patch this month, I'm glad to say that it didn't last too long.  Here's to September being more productive, positive, and purposeful... (gotta love somewhat unintentional alliteration ^.^)

What are your August highlights and September goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!