Monday, September 16, 2013

Not So Blue Monday #25- Little Reminders

Hi there! I hope your week is off to a good start :)

So... it was Christmas maybe 4 years ago, when one of my friends and I were bumming around being Walmart-rats, and you know how during the holidays, stores come out with all those pre-packaged stocking stuffer type gifts?  One of the gift displays were stainless steel bracelets with little messages engraved in them.  There were lots of messages for mothers and grandmothers, and in the back I found one with the Serenity Prayer on it :)  Here's the prayer if you're unfamiliar:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; enjoying each moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the path to peace;
Taking as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and
Supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen

Anywho, I use to always recite the short version of it (the first 3 lines) whenever I got overwhelmed or down and even wrote a prayer of my own expanding it.  So when I found this little bracelet I had to get it.  And I rarely ever take it off.

I'm writing about it today because my supervisor told me that our district trainer was going to be in the studio.  Now, the problem with that is her presence was that during my first interaction with her, I ended up having a mild panic attack because of how intense she was.  So whenever she comes in, I immediately start getting more and more anxious.  That being said, you can imagine my feelings last night and this morning...  I mean who doesn't like a little anxiety with their toothpaste?? ::rolls eyes::  But the nice thing was while I was worriedly brushing my teeth, I glanced at my wrist and thought, "these moments, right here, are why I started wearing this bracelet..."  I took a breath and prayed the prayer.

As it turned out, I got through the whole morning shift with the trainer lady and had absolutely no anxiety.  Prayer works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!