Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thankfulness: Parable of the Pearl

I want to tell you a little story ^.^

In the Bible (Luke 15:8-10), Jesus tells a parable about a woman who has 10 coins and loses one.  She lights a candle and sweeps up the whole house to find it.  When she finally finds it, she calls all her friends to celebrate with her.  The story was to help us understand how God feels when one of us repents.

So this past Wednesday was a busy busy day at the studio.  I mean we were completely booked solid.  Needless to say I was exhausted by the time I got home.  I changed my clothes and started to reach for my computer for some therapeutic YouTube time only to come to a terrible realization.

MY PEARL WAS GONE!

Honestly, I think my heart stopped... or at least I stopped breathing and immediately started searching my room, bathroom, living room, walk way outside, parking lot, & car for the lost pearl.  But unlike the woman with the coin, all my searching still came up empty.  This, of course, led to me curled up in the bed sobbing to Lamar about the lost pearl.  Lamar, in his clear-headed way, told me to stop crying and check at work.

The next morning, I got up and went to the studio to continue the search.  When I got there, I looked all over the register area. No pearl.  The guest waiting area.  No pearl.  The sales areas.  No pearl.  :(  The last place it could be was the camera room and at the time I was looking there had been 3 sessions in and out of it, plus the custodians had vacuumed the night before.  (Hope dwindling)  I started looking around the camera room and blessings abound, THERE WAS MY PEARL! Right in the middle of the camera room. My pearl was sitting on the carpet waiting for me to pick it back up. 

After I came down from the emotional high of finding my lost pearl, all I kept thinking of were the parables Jesus told.  I kept picturing myself as the pearl and Jesus searching the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, walk way outside, parking lot, car, register area, waiting area, sales area, and camera room.  I pictured Him putting aside everything He was planning on doing, to look for me.

Thank You for that Christ object lesson, God.  Thank You for caring so much about me.  Thank You for making me Your pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!