Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What's on My Hook? #16: Cold Hands, Warm Heart




Ta-da!!! These babies had me up til 3 something this morning!  Talk about crochet dedication ^.^

I got tired of being cold all the time at work. I mean, why in the actual hell is it SOO cold in that office? Everybody's huddled around their individual space heaters and if you don't have one, you run the risk of getting numb toes... That makes absolutely no sense!

But since I can't do anything about the building's shoddy heating system, I decided to make a set of arm warmers.  I thought they were going to be a quick work-up, but I was watching Warehouse 13 and got sucked in so it took me like 4 hours to make them, lol.  I alternated the rows (griddle stitch on one row & half double crochets on the next). I like the texture it created. In case you're wondering, to make the griddle stitch- you repeat single crochet, double crochet, sc, dc, to the end of your row. It's a really simple stitch and looks good.

close up
They're very warm. So much so that I couldn't wear them all day like I thought I was going to have to. I'm excited to wear them with gloves in the winter. I think it'll look cool with contrasting colors and whatnot.


I'm still perfecting the sizing. These are a wee bit big around the palms of my hands.  So I started another set this afternoon & I'm going to make them about 2 rows slimmer to see if that fits better.  The new set is going to be chocolate brown and dark red stripe.  Wish me luck ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!