Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to Apt-203 & Happy Leap Day!

I'm super excited to be introducing this blog today. It is my hope that this blog will become an inspirational stop for creative souls out in the blogosphere.

I decided to start this blog after a nearly fruitless search for crafty blogs run by ladies of color... nearly fruitless, meaning I only found about three & they don't update often.  So here I am, writing the blog I want to read.

Of course I have worries about committing to writing a new blog, but I keep thinking that somewhere searching through the interweb is a girl just like me... looking for a crafty blog run by a girl just like her. :)

-What is the significance of "Apt-203"?
Frankly, that's where I live... apartment #203 & I wanted my blog name it be a reflection of all things creative in my life.  My roommate & I are quite the crafters. She is the knitter, while I mainly crochet.  We also sew & can often be found in the thrift store scouting out pieces for refashioning. "Make it work" is one of our creative mantras.

Another thing we have recently started up is a 'Crafternoon' every Sunday. (Visit crafternoon.com for background on that idea.) One of our friends told us he wants his house to be like ours: full of thrifted finds, colors, textures, & creativity.  That was pretty awesome.

So that is the idea behind Apt-203. It's a place to primarily display the creations we make, giving some DIY tutorials, & highlight our thrifting.

Thanks for visiting & come back for more creative loveliness!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following my blog. I look forward to following you as well and being inspired by you. Have good day.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, we're up and running!! :) Can't wait to share our finds & adventures with you guys.

    Thanks Cali, for all your hard work on this.

    -The Roommate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    I have been thinking the same thing!
    Can't wait to join you in this crafty adventure!
    Loooooooooooooong overdue in blogland!
    Great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!