Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's on My Hook #1

Granny Gif ;)
I've been diligently working on my newest project. :) I've decided to make a granny square blanket for my bed. The estimated size is 7 feet long by 6 feet wide. I drew out my placement plan last night & have been crocheting/ joining blocks all evening. Here is how it looks so far:

Each block is about 1 foot across diagonally.
I am joining them so that each row is corner to corner... I dunno if that makes any sense. My head is a bit foggy from working all day & crocheting all night... sigh.

Anywho, here is my layout. A blocks are the striped blocks & B blocks are the solids.
Blanket design in my handy dandy moleskine :)
So according to my layout. I have a total of 72 blocks to crochet for this project... so far 10 are done... *shrug* I'm also playing around with the idea of making granny triangles to attach to the sides of the blanket to make them straight instead of the zigzag of the current design... The only thing is I haven't done any of those yet... Maybe I should do it just to learn something new...

Well, that's it. I'm super tired right now & have to be at work at 8am... So goodnight blogosphere.

Leave me a comment, ask me a question.

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!