Here I am, yet again, returning from randomly being ghost on my blog :-/ Let's see... my last post was a week ago... what has happened since then...
- Thursday: I went to the Art Stroll and picked up these 'wishing stones' from a glass artists. My plan is to use them as worry stones, but so far they've been on my nightstand waiting to be needed. And that's not such a bad thing.
- Friday: I spent HOURS cleaning and purging things to donate to the thrift store.
- Sabbath: Lamar & I went to Madison Mission for church. It was truly a blessing.
- Sunday: More cleaning... no crafternoon :(
- Monday: I honestly cannot remember what happened... and this was 2 days ago... That just means that I got up, went to work, worked, came home, played with my dogs, hung out with Lamar... the usual :) shrug
On to the Tuesday [on a wednesday] Favorites!
- This song is quickly becoming one of my favorite sweet songs. Thanks to Pandora for finding it!
Hazy by Rosi Goland feat. William Fitzsimmons
- I am reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is really good so far. The way she writes is very conversational & I find myself laughing out loud at times. :) Yesterday evening, I decided to set aside an hour to do nothing but read. It was very peaceful. I think I'm going to do something like that everyday... set aside a deliberate amount of time to do a specific thing only.
- I was suppose to go to a Knitting/Crocheting group at this yarn shop across town called Yarn Expressions, but when I got there, it was pretty empty & since I was really nervous about being alone with strangers I gave up on that plan very quickly. All the way over there, my stomach was all fluttery and I kept thinking things like 'what if they think I'm weird...' & 'what if it's a bunch of old ladies and no one will talk to me...' on and on... So I went home and started working on a new bag design. Here's a little peek:
It's worked in the Crosshatch stitch aka Crazy Brick stitch and it's a bit hard to see in the picture, but there are 3 shades of grey in it. So I suppose you can call it color blocked. I'm writing the pattern down so that I can reproduce it once I get the kinks out :) I'm glad I got a good chunk of creative time in last night. I felt physically/mentally well when I went to sleep (even though it was past 1am).
Well that's it for my Tuesday Favorites. It was a good day. Hopefully today will be just as nice, or even better for me and for you. :)