Thursday, July 12, 2012

What's On My Hook #9

Hello there 0.0

I've been thinking about this post for a few days now.  Today's what's on my hook projects are the scarf dye job and my yarn bombing beginnings. :)

The first project: dip dye the scarf ends and hang to create an ombre effect.  I decided to go with blue for the first go-round.
I ended up dying it twice (so far) because the first dye job was super light. It looks really cool tho :) I rinsed the first dye out & it wasn't deep enough, so I re-dipped it. And it's currently hanging on the porch blending.
The darker blue on top is the second dip. See how light the color is after rinsing? Hopefully, it'll be better tomorrow.

The second project: yarn bomb idea #1. I want to do something quick to make and easy to put up for my OU bomb. I gotta get my bombing confidence up.
It's a little spider web :) It may be installed this weekend. Possibly...  Anywho, I figure I'll make a bigger one and install it between this railing by the library parking lot. I'm getting more & more excited for this bombing plan ^.^  I'm going to make an event on facebook to invite local knitters/crocheters to bomb on the last Sunday of the month.

Well, goodnight. I've gotta go to sleep so that I can be perky & awake for accounting tomorrow, lol. I hope all is well with you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!