Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Not So Blue Monday #15

Good evening y'all!

I've been thinking about this NSBM post all day... like whether I feel like it is actually not so blue or if it's just blue.  Reason being, Lamar is leaving for FL tomorrow.  My emotions are all over the place with that reality.  Sometimes I'm excited that he's getting this awesome new opportunity to teach and sometimes I'm just sad thinking of how much I'm going to miss him.

So this is where my head was all day. Plus it rained... all... day...

Needless to say, I didn't get much accounting done in the office. I spent a few hours researching my family on ancestry.com (which was really interesting.) Ancestry.com has a 14 day free trial, and I'd recommend signing up for it if you're interested in finding out about your family history.


Finding my paternal grandparents' marriage license and my maternal grandfather's census record from 1940 was pretty awesome. 

Let's see, what else made me smile today ^.^
source: KellyConnorDesigns
I came across this tone on tumblr and I honestly think it might be my first etsy purchase. I loved the movie Fight Club. So so very awesome! I started reading the book, but stopped halfway thru.  I'm planning to pick it back up and finish it sometime soon.  Kelly Connor Designs has other cool totes, but this one was my fave.

In the middle of the little bit of work I did today, I kept thinking this:

I want to knit a scarf and this is something out of the ordinary because I NEVER want to KNIT anything... I always feel like it takes forever.  But I have some chunky needles and maybe I'll knit with 4 strands of yarn together to create a multicolor chunky knit scarf. 

I mean, fall is on the way after all. ^.^

1 comment:

  1. And so the long distance relationship begins. Been there, you can do it!

    I've been itching to do some family genealogy reasearch too. Thanks for the tip on the free trial.

    This is the perfect time to knit a scarf since fall is coming. I can't wait to see what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!