Friday, June 1, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #3

Hello there!

I'm back from a week-long "vacation" to my bestsisterfriend's wedding. Anywho, there will be an update post just to explain the shenanigans & tomfoolery that Lamar & I experienced in our last few days up north.

SO! Lamar & I went thrifting this evening after I left the office. Sadly, nothing we picked up was on sale, but everything we picked up was awesome ^.^  I got a few bags of yarn, one containing a full skein of Lion's Brand Fisherman's wool, which I've been drooling over forever, but was always $10+ each (a bit rich for my blood).  It came with 2 other Lion's Brand skeins of something or another for $9. That's much more doable for me.

The BEST part of the evening was finding an embroidered Serenity Prayer for $2.  I LOVE that prayer. I have a bracelet with the extended prayer on it that I wear everyday.  So of course when I saw the piece of fabric beneath all the bags of yarn, I had to snatch it up! It was the perfect size to frame & hang on a wall.  When we got back to my house, I pulled out the trusty staple gun & got to DIY business. :)
Frame: $1 Prayer: $2
Close-up of the stitching.
Progress Shot: Staple gunning...
Okay. I don't know if it's just me... maybe I'm just a serious weakling, but using a staple gun is HARD WORK! Does anyone else have trouble squeezing the trigger? I practically have to stand on the thing! Ugh!
Here is the finished project posted to instagram.
I'm really glad I found this piece. It came out very well & once I find my picture hanging wire/whatnot, it's going up on the wall by my bed.

That's all for tonight! I hope you are having a good week & are looking forward to a great weekend ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!