Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Did It!!

Good morning!

Please know that I am so stinkin excited about what I'm about to write!!! WOOOT!
*drumroll please*

I have successfully cleaned, carded, spun, set, & dried my first hank of yarn!!! HUZZAH!

I wrote about where I got the fiber yesterday & I'm very happy with the result. It's a total of about 33 yards. I don't think I'm going to ply it.  I had to do some research on what to do after you finish spinning the yarn. Things like the best way to take the yarn off the spindle, making sure the twist stays in the yarn, how to dry the yarn, and other tips.

This is my yarn soaking in hot water to set the twist.  Before the soak, you could see all the areas where I clearly overspun the yarn & the other places where it's quite under.  After soaking the twist spread out a bit.

Here is the weighted yarn, drying on the balcony.  I'm excited to see how it finally comes out once it's totally dry.

Now, I just have to think of something to make with it. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!