Tuesday, June 5, 2012

For the Love of...

Today, a man from another department asked me how I like working in the President's office... I told him it's nice because there's always something to do.
In all actuality, I wanted to say, "I hate my supervisor... she stresses & worries me over very small things... she's more air headed than not & cannot use a computer efficiently... I'd rather be somewhere else, but I'm here because I can do the job, it pays my bills, & leaves me some money to thrift with."
But of course I couldn't say that, lest I become unemployed... sigh. He then began talking about how he LOVES his job & he LOVES the people & he LOVES how great it is to LOVE what one does... 

Ugh... I want to be him! I want to wake up with a passion for what I do & a love for what feeds me.  I'm learning that I was totally correct as a little girl when I said I didn't want to work an office job.  I suppose my problem is that I don't want to work a job I don't love... but the things I do love aren't able to support me.

It's a bit of a pickle...

Let's do a bit of daydreaming...
If I could do anything as a job & know it would support me... I'd crochet & sew things. I'd scour thrift stores for furniture to refinish.  I'd make quilts from old fabrics or clothes.  I'd dumpster dive (figuratively) & bring new life to the bits & bobs that people threw away.  I'd have a shop and sell my wares.  One of a kind pieces of useful art.  I'd have an inspired living.  I'd be a creator, resurrector, renewer... My hands would always have fabric beneath them or paint under the nails or sore spots from way too much crocheting... My clothes would show bits of whatever fiber is being worked at the time.  I would exist in a world of rebirth. 
And then I'd teach my children to do the same.
That is what I want to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!