Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's on My Hook #7

Hello & good evening :)

Let's see, what's on my hook today?  I wanted to come up with a design that would allow me to use my pink/brown handspun... Sooo, I figured I'd make a tote bag.

I wanted to make it like the granny stripe bag I made a few months ago, but I wanted it to have a rectangular bottom.
The Granny Stripe Bag
So far, I have the bottom done and a few rows up the sides.  I had to figure out how to make the corners.  I want this bag to be rather structured.  I'm thinking about putting a couple pieces of cardboard in the bottom of the bag lining to make it extra sturdy.

This is the bottom. I'm working it up with Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool & Paton's Classic Wool, both in dark brown.  Right now it just looks like a wobbly granny mess, but in my head it's pretty cool.  Of course there will be progress pictures as the bag comes together.

Even though my original plan was to trim the bag with my handspun, I don't think I will. So if anyone has any suggestions on what to make with a few yards of bulky handspun pink/brown yarn, I'd love to hear them.

Well, I'm off to bed now. I'm excited about tomorrow's post because it's going to be about some great thrifted finds from earlier this week ^.^ yay! Peace and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!