Sunday, June 10, 2012

Crafternoon 7

Hi there & good evening!

I've had quite the quilting crafternoon.  The day was spent finally purchasing/preparing my backing fabric, pinning the 'quilt sandwich' together, & then beginning the hand quilting. So, onto progress shots of the thrift store fabric quilt! ^.^ Hurrah!
The fabric is showing up off color in the photo, but it's a deep cranberry color.
Pins all in place. Lamar helped out on this step. Much appreciation to him :~)
Quilting template chalked on & hand stitching underway!
Finished motif.
The plan for the quilting is to do the largest flower in the middle of each block & a smaller flower where four blocks come together.  I'm pretty excited about how my 'proper quilt' is progressing.  Plus, I'm always really reassured when the workers in fabric stores are helpful.  The cashier at Hancocks (where I got my backing) gave me some tips on doing the binding.  I appreciated that because I'm feeling a bit anxious about that step, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!