Friday, August 24, 2012

Color Ideas & Inspiration

Hiya there!

Just a quick post today about colors.  I have been thinking about shop stocking and whatnot pretty often these days. I have a bunch of ideas in my head and needed some way of organizing them to actually be able to make the products.  The solution I came up with to streamline my process is to use a specific color scheme.

So off to google I went, and found the Pantone Fashion Color Report: Fall 2012.  I plan to use the 13 swatches to create products for the shop. This way, I can purchase specific colors of yarn and work from them only. It will really cut down on the whole choosing colors process I have (which takes a while).

These are the colors in the women's section.

source: Pantone

These are the colors in the men's section. (sorry about the small picture, that's all that was on the site...)

source: Pantone

So anyway, I went to Wal-mart & picked up paint chips in all the colors so that I have the ability to physically see the color combos together.  Then I sat and made 25 different combos (10 2-color/ 10 3-color/ 5 4-color) with the women's colors.  I still have to do the combos for the men's colors.  I can't wait to start making things with the schemes.  Now that I have my colors set for the season, I just have to nail down the patterns and get to work.

I think this is really going to be a big help motivation & design-wise for me! I'm excited to get going & I'm already researching colors for winter 2012! ^.^

~Goodnight~

4 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! I love playing with colors. Color can really make or break a project.

    So, why exactly do you think men only get small colors... lol! Random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made the men's page on the site a bit wonky... in my opinion. :)

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. my dear, this is a stinking genius idea. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ma'am :) I just finished my first scarf using one of the women's color schemes. Having the limited color selection is really helping.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment ^.^ They make my day!